Two more days at the bakery and that will be it. There is a definite sense of excitement and anxiety, but also one of melancholy and something I can only describe as nostalgia. I spent two and a half years working at this bakery and I can honestly say I will miss the people here very much. I will miss the comradery and working in tandem to accomplish a goal and most importantly fulfilling that goal. I will miss the creative freedom of filling the cake case and playing with different techniques. I will miss learning new things from people who have been decorating cakes for as long as I have been alive.
I will miss the free sweets.
However, there is a reason why I chose to move on from this job. The stress, ungodly work load, pathetic wages, and horrible customers? Yeah, I will not miss that AT ALL. Yes, go kindly find your way into oncoming traffic.
At this point in my life, I am still unsure of what I want and have a feeling that I may never know. I always thought you kind of molded yourself into a certain shape to fit into a groove that would lead you to wear you wanted to go, but it seems that life is more like finding anything that fits you, even if it is not a good fit, and running it. Most of the time you're blind to where it is leading you and you only hope there isn't a wall up ahead that will smash your bones.
What I am about to go try and do is not easy, it is not ideal, hell it can be down right deadly! But it is something. I can't say right now if I will like living in a truck for weeks at a time. I can't say if I won't still want to go to school afterwards. But what I can say is this:
I am ready for a new adventure.
From dreams of becoming a great artist to working as a cake decorator and now as an over the road trucker, my life has taken many a strange and often rage-inducing turns. There's no telling where this road is going, but I'm here for the ride and seeing as it's going to be a long trip, I might as well write this down...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hominid
- About The Common Lindsay
- A Lindsay is a common breed of Hominid native to the valleys of southern California. They are known to migrate to inhospitable political and economical climates near the gulf where they stay for up to seven years. Scientists have yet to understand why such a migration exists in consideration of the many dangers accompanied by such a move with little to no benefits. Born with the ability to camouflage themselves in order to blend into the native populous, the Common Lindsay will make loud whiny-like calls, lamenting her situation and bemoaning her lack of financial bliss to other random Hominids on the Internet. If spotted, the Common Lindsay is likely to get upset and rely a long and pointless tale of why she is the only one at her work who ever manages to get anything done.
No comments:
Post a Comment